So much of the traffic situation in Lagos can be traced to the presence of container trucks in various modes: parked and waiting for unloading or offloading, broken down, tumbled over, or worse.
The issue continues to be a huge drain on the population’s energies – physical, mental, and emotional where it’s not an all-out safety issue.
Run airships to transport cargo around Lagos and to other states.
Possible Execution Steps:
- Research airship technologies. Possibly seek partnership with specialists abroad
- Build airship ports at designated locations
- Partner with government, state and federal, to reduce costs and risks to accomplish the plan
- Charge per trip or determine other pricing models that work
- Acquire land to use as ports at designated areas or lease existing spaces at airports
- Obtain government permits for air travel (NAMA, FAAN, etc)
- Require specialist aviation skills and technical know-how or partnerships with foreign experts
- Setup and maintenance costs might be prohibitive
- Train in emergency procedures in case of accidents
- Help solve or at least ease the perennial traffic problem
- Make money through providing this innovative cargo service in Nigeria